The National Universities Commission (NUC) has approved additional academic programmes for Madonna University, Nigeria.
This followed visit by team of experts from NUC to the University to assess its capability to run the proposed programmes with respect to human and physical resources and the resultant green light given Madonna.
The approval was contained in a letter dated 31st October, 2023, signed by the Ag Director Academic Planning for the Ag. Executive Secretary and addressed to the Vice Chancellor, Prof Uchenna C. Anyanwu.
The VC has described this as “a welcome development and a testament of the institution’s unflinching commitment to excellence and qualitative education”.
The programmes are as follows:
1. Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D.)
2. B.Sc. Software Engineering,
3. B.Sc. Cyber Security
4. B.Sc. Broadcasting
5. B.Sc. Public Relation
6. B.Sc. Information and Media Studies
7. B.Sc. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution.
1. PGD., M.Sc. & Ph.D. Computer education
2. PGD., M.Sc. & Ph.D. Anatomy
3. PGD., M.Sc. & Ph.D. Physiology.
4. LL.M. & Ph.D. Law,
5. M.Sc. & Ph.D. Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry0
6. M.Sc. & Ph.D. Pharmacognosy
7. M.Sc. & Ph.D. Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology0
8. M.Sc. & Ph.D. Pharmaceutical Microbiology
9. M.Sc. & Ph.D. Pharmacology and Toxicology
10. M.Sc. & Ph.D. Clinical Pharmacy
11. Ph.D. Ph in Microbiology
The new programmes are to be run in Campuses of the University with effect from the 2023/2024 academic session.