Associate Professor Martin Osita Anagboso (PhD) was born on August 24, 1981. He attended St Stephen Lethren Primary School, Obudu in Cross River State between 1987 and 1993. Shortly after his Primary Education, the young Martin enrolled into the highly prestigious Government Secondary School, Obudu, in Cross River State between 1993 and 1999. His performance in the WAEC catapulted Osita into Madonna University where he obtained a B.Sc. Degree with honours in Microbiology, in 2007. The ever progressive-minded Osita was admitted into Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, where he bagged M.Sc. Degree in Environmental Microbiology, in 2016, and quickly commenced his PhD. Degree Programme in Environmental and Petroleum Microbiology in the same University, which he successfully concluded in 2021.
Having plunged into the academic arena, Assoc. Prof. Anagboso successfully enrolled into the Membership of the following professional bodies.
Member, Nigeria Society for Microbiology (NSM) 2017-Date
Member, American Society for Microbiology (ASM) 2021-Date
The aforementioned qualifications earned him a number of Academic Appointments as hereunder listed:
- 2023: Appointed Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Admin), Madonna University, Nigeria
- 2022: Appointed Ag. Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Admin), Madonna University, Nigeria
- 2022: Member of Madonna University Senate, Representing Faculty of Science
- 2022: Senior Lecturer, Madonna University, Nigeria
- 2021: Member, Governing Council, Madonna University, Nigeria
- 2021: Member, Board of Trustees Madonna University, Nigeria
- 2021: MLSCN External Invigilator for National Examination for Medical Laboratory Technicians
- 2020: Lecturer I, Madonna University, Nigeria
- 2019: Member, Senate Disciplinary Committee
- 2018: Member, Senate Ceremonials Committee, Madonna University, Nigeria
- 2017: Lecturer II Madonna University, Nigeria
- 2016: Director of Projects, Madonna University, Nigeria
- 2015: Associate Dean Students Affairs, Caritas University, Amorji- Nike, Enugu State
- 2007- 2016: Graduate Assistant/Assistant Lecturer
The young Martin also acquired the following Administrative Experiences, which succeeded in moulding him into a complete gentleman of honour.
- 2020: Member, Medical Laboratory Science of Nigeria Committee for MLS.D Programme
- 2015: Participant in Bill Clinton Global Initiate in New York U.S. A
- 2015-2018: Coordinator of Madonna University Liaison Office in Europe and America
- 2018: Senior Executive Assistant to the Vice-Chancellor Madonna University, Elele
- 2016: Member, committee on review of Madonna University Law
- 2016: Member, Madonna University Senate Committee on review of Academic brief
- 2007: Senior Executive Assistant to the Chancellor/ Founder Madonna University and Caritas University
- 2007: Member, Caritas University Master Planning and Strategy Committee
- 2006: Trustee Member, Madonna University, Nigeria International Charity Peace Award (Foundation)
In furtherance to his Academic pursuit, Assoc. Prof. Martin Osita Anagboso, has the following Publications, among others, to his credit.
- Anagboso, M. O., Ikele M.O., (2021). Kinetic study of Hyper-toxic Crude Oil contaminated Soil Biodegradation using different amendments.
- Anagaoso, M.O, Orji, M.U., Ikele M.O., (2021). Phytotoxicity and Microbial Activities of Crude-Oil Polluted Pristine Soil during Bioremediation with Saw Dust Amendment from Awka, Nigeria IJTSRD47560 5 (06), 1134-1141
- Anagboso, M.O, Orji, M.U., Ikele M.O., (2021). Microbiological and Physicochemical examination of Crude Oil contaminated Soil from Awka Anambra Nigeria IJTSRD46442 5 (06), 635-642.
- Anagboso, M.O., Orji. M. U., Nwankwegu, A.S., F., (2016). Phytotoxicity. Bioload and Heavy Mental Evaluation of a Selected Municipal Dumpsite in Obosi, Anambra State, Nigeria. Advances in Research, 1-7
- Nwankwegu, A. S., Irondi C. R., Anagboso M. O., (2016), Studies on the wort Properties of some Improved Sorghum Varieties using Partially Purified Alpha-Amylase Produced By Aspergillus Oryzaeusing Brewers’ Spent grains Asian Journal of Science and Technology 7 (06). 3135-3142.
- Azi, F., Ogbo, F. C. Nwankwegu, A.S., Odo, M. O., Anagboso M. O., (2016). Effect of Pretreatment Method on the Quality Characteristics of Stored Irvingia Kernel Microbiology Research Journal International, 1-7